top of page

La Vereda del Cerro Macho by Miguel Castro Maíllo is a dry white wine crafted from Pedro Ximénez grapes.
The 'Vereda del Macho' divides the Montilla mountain range into two sections, with Río Frío Alto to the east and Benavente Alto to the west. This unique terrain enables vines to flourish at varying orientations and elevations.
This wine is a blend of grapes from various plots within this exceptional location, maintaining its natural sediments due to the absence of clarification treatments.
The grapes were handpicked from ancient vineyards aged between 40 to 80 years in the Vereda del Cerro Macho region.
80% of the wine undergoes fermentation in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 20% ferments in barrels before being blended in a tank. It then matures for 6 months on fine lees before being bottled.


Here's a taste of what you can expect from this wine:

  • Appearance: Greenish yellow colour.
  • Aromas: Fresh and vibrant, with aromas of yeast and citrus.
  • Palate: Fresh, fluid and direct with a saline and mineral finish.
  • Serving Temperature: For optimal enjoyment, serve this wine chilled between 7 - 9ºC.
  • Pairing: Enjoy with seafood stews, white meat, fish, seafood, cheese and sausages.

Miguel Castro Maillo La Vereda del Cerro Macho

  • VINTAGE - 2023

    D.O. - No D.O. Product of Spain

    GRAPE - 100% Pedro Ximénez

    ALCOHOL - 12.9%

    PRODUCTION - 900 Bottles

    BOTTLE - 75cl


bottom of page