A fabulous red wine with ripe, complex aromas and a long finish. It is only made when the vintage is good.
Gran Son Puig has been aged for 22 months in American and French oak barrels, followed by a further two years in bottle. The tempranillo grapes give the wine its tannin structure whilst the merlot grapes add to the flavour.
Here's a taste of what you can expect from this wine:
- Appearance: This wine has a dark garnet colour.
- Aromas: It recalls notes of dark fruit (blackberries, black cherries, cassis) and Mediterranean herbs (thyme, bay leaves, mint and eucalyptus). Warm, toasted aromas also come through from the ageing in barrels.
- Palate: It is a powerful wine but it is also very balanced, with fine tannins and mature fruit intensity. It stays long in the mouth and leaves hints of spice and balsamic notes behind it.
- Serving Temperature: It is best served at 16-18º.
- Pairing: This is a wine to enjoy with hearty Mediterranean food and heavy meat dishes. It is also great with strong cheese and dark chocolate.
Gran Son Puig
VINTAGE - 2016
D.O. - Vi de la Terra Mallorca
GRAPES - Merlot, Tempranillo
ALCOHOL - 15%