Can Gelat produce a range of well-balanced, ecological terroir wines. The vineyards benefit from the fresh microclimate of the Tramuntana mountains and they are nourished by a unique soil combination of limestone and clay.
Can Gelat Red Callet is a blend of Callet (80%) and Manto Negro (20%). These two unique, Mallorcan grape varieties flourish in the Mediterranean climate, keeping the alcohol content nicely low when aged. 75% of the Callet grapes were fermented in stainless steel tanks and 25% in 500L new French oak barrels. This makes it a friendly, balanced red wine. With less colour and tannin in the skin, Can Gelat Tinto also has similar characteristics to Pinot Noir wines.
Here's a taste of what you can expect from this wine:
- Appearance: The wine is semi-transparent with a beautiful ruby-red colour.
- Aromas: Fruity, with hints of cherries and tobacco.
- Palate: The flavour is elegant, fruity and juicy, complemented by spices like thyme and bay leaf. The aftertaste is purifying, with the distinctive, subtle saltiness of the Can Gelat vineyards. It has a medium body.
- Serving Temperature: An elegant and inviting wine that is best enjoyed slightly chilled, at 16º to 18º.
- Pairing: Perfect with white meat, poultry, pizza, and cheeses.
At a recent Guia Peñin tasting, this particular wine was awarded a 91-point rating.
Can Gelat Red Callet
VINTAGE - 2021
D.O. - Vi de la Terra Mallorca
GRAPE - 80% Callet, 20% Mantonegro
ALCOHOL - 12.5%