Xurxo Alba calls the Albamar O Esteiro Mencía his most approachable red wine as it is a fresh wine with minerality.
This wine is made from 100% Mencía grapes, harvested from small 40 to 60-year-old vineyards distributed throughout Valle de Salnés. The whole bunch grapes are handpicked and go through spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with indigenous yeasts, macerating for about three weeks. This wine is aged in French oak barrels for eight months and bottled without filtering or clarifying.
Here's a taste of what you can expect from this wine:
- Appearance: It has a cherry-red colour.
- Aromas: Floral and intense aromas, reminiscent of fruit with hints of balsamic, forest and sea.
- Palate: Plum and summer pudding flavours, with a touch of violet, a tangy acidity, and finely tuned tannins. It is easy drinking, fresh, subtle, and elegant.
- Serving Temperature: 15 ºC.
- Pairing: This wine pairs well with white meats, charcuterie, vegetables, soft cheeses, and rice dishes. It is also perfect for sharing with cold meats and aperitifs.
Albamar O Esteiro Mencía
VINTAGE - 2020
D.O. - Rías Baixas
GRAPE - Mencía
ALCOHOL - 11.2%