Albamar O Esteiro Espadeiro is a refined red wine made from a unique grape variety called Espadeiro, harvested from small, 100-year-old vineyards in Valle de Salnés, covering less than one hectare. This grape was once widely popular in Rías Baixas but is now very rare.
Winemaker Xurxo Alba's mastery of this indigenous grape variety is evident in the marked elegance of this red wine. The grapes are carefully handpicked and then fermented with indigenous yeasts in whole bunches. The wine is aged for eight months in French oak barrels, and it is bottled without filtering or clarifying.
Here's a taste of what you can expect from this wine:
- Appearance: Albamar O Esteiro Espadeiro has a cherry colour.
- Aromas: This wine is dominated by the elegance typical of the Espadeiro grape, with floral, forest, and violet notes.
- Palate: O Esteiro has a fresh, subtle, and elegant flavour profile. Notes of pink grapefruit, red cherry, wild strawberry are prominant, as well as a hint of tobacco. This wine has a good acidity and a savoury finish.
- Serving Temperature: 15 ºC.
- Pairing: Albamar O Esteiro Espadeiro pairs well with white meats, charcuterie, cured cheese, and pasta.
Albamar O Esteiro Espadeiro
VINTAGE - 2020
D.O. - Rías Baixas
GRAPE - Espadeiro
ALCOHOL - 12.5%